2 Corinthians 5:14-21
14 For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; 15 and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.
16 Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer. 17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 18 Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. 21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
- Matthew 28:18-20
- Acts 4:1-12
- 1 Peter 2:9-10
- What do you learn about: God? Jesus? People?
- How does this touch your life?
- What is your take-away? How do you hope it will influence you and your life with others?
- Think back to the 5 names you wrote down that you wanted to pray for to know Jesus and that you wanted to care for in some way. Look for a way to share with them the gospel:
- God loves them and has a great plan for their life.
- Things are not as it ought to be and sin has created a barrier between us and God.
- Jesus came to bear our sins. He lived. He was crucified and buried. He rose again, and many were witnesses of this.
- He took on the payment for our sins to reconcile us to God- to break down the barrier.
- We did nothing to deserve this payment, it is a free gift.
- All we have to do is respond: recognize our need for Christ to forgive our sins and receive His gift.
- His life for our life… a free gift for us to receive by faith.